Code Enforcement Board
- 7 p.m.
- Fourth Tuesday of every month
- Commission Chambers at City Hall
150 N Lakeshore Drive
Ocoee, FL 34761
You can view the meeting on Ocoee TV, Channel 493 or on YouTube.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The board consists of 7 regular members and 2 alternate members. They will serve 3-year terms. Membership will, when practicable, include an architect, a businessman, an engineer, a general contractor, a subcontractor and a realtor. Members must be city residents.
The objectives of the Code Enforcement Board are to:
- Conduct hearings at each meeting and hear cases presented by staff.
- Hear testimony presented by the alleged violator. The violator has the right to appear in person before the board, to testify personally and present other evidence relevant to the matter under consideration by the board, to subpoena witnesses to testify at the hearing, and to be represented by legal counsel of their own choosing at their own expense.
- Issue findings of fact, based on the evidence presented during the hearing and conclusions of the law. The board shall issue orders having the force of law to command whatever steps necessary to bring a violation into compliance. The board findings will be made by motion approved by a majority of those members present and voting, but at least 4 board members must be present to vote on the motion for the action to be official.