The City of Ocoee has overcome issues with our initial contractor and selected an alternate debris collection contractor who has been commissioned to start the debris collection in the City of Ocoee and will complete 2 collection passes through the city.
The debris collection company is responsible for collecting vegetative debris that has not been bagged or mixed with other construction/demolition debris.
Please note that all debris may not be collected in the initial collection pass. Ocoee Public Works will collect bagged yard waste and construction/demolition debris. In order to ensure that you are doing all you can to support this effort; here are some points for citizens about our collection efforts:
- Place all debris in the right-of-way (between edge of road & closest edge of sidewalk)
- Separating out the different types of debris from one another will greatly increase the speed in which the debris is collected.
- Do not park vehicles or block access to debris piles.
- Do not bag large, heavy tree limbs
- Household garbage & recycling is on the regular collection schedule.
- The City estimates that there are approximately 140,000 cubic yards of vegetative debris to be collected. This is equivalent to the amount of debris it would take to fill the beds of 35,000 pickup trucks.
- Debris will be collected 7 days a week from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- The collection may take up to 2 months to complete 2 passes on every city street.
For more information, please contact your Ocoee Public Works Department at 407-905-3170 or visit Ocoee.org.