- City Government
- Building Division
The City of Ocoee Building Division continues to serve its citizens with normal response times. Please utilize our online process for permit submissions at permits.ocoee.org. For all Local Business Tax applications and inquiries please utilize our email to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. All forms and documents can be found at: https://www.ocoee.org/177/Building-Applications-Forms. If you require immediate assistance please contact us at 407-905-3104 during normal operating hours.
The Building Division is responsible for the administration, collection of Local Business Taxes, and enforcement of local building codes, ordinances, state laws, federal laws associated with the construction of new structures, alterations, repairs, additions, as well as the review of permit applications, plans for code compliance, permit issuance, and field inspections.
7th EDITION 2020 FLORIDA BUILDING CODE
AS OF December 31, 2020 THE NEW FLORIDA BUILDING CODE WILL GO INTO EFFECT. SEE QUICK LINKS.
Electronic File Requirements
All electronic documents submitted as part of an application, plan rework, plan revision, as-built, or inspection report shall be submitted electronically, and in accordance with all applicable digital signature requirements by Florida Statutes. Records may be submitted via the online permitting system, flash drive, or CD-RW Disk in a computer-readable file conforming to the specifications of the Portable Document Format (PDF). (PDF versions 1.4 through 1.7, PDF/A-1, and PDF/A-2)
- When do I need a building permit?
- Do I need a permit to remove a tree?
- Do I need to obtain a permit to install of replace a fence?
- Do I need to obtain a permit to pour a concrete slab, patio, or driveway?
- Do I need to obtain a permit to replace my windows, doors, and garage doors?
- Where do I apply for a building permit?
- How can I pay my re-inspection fee so that I can reschedule my inspection?
- Can I apply for a permit on-line?