The zoning regulations for Ocoee are declared to be necessary to promote the health, safety and welfare of the inhabitants of the City of Ocoee by dividing the city into zones regulating therein the use of land and the use and size of buildings as to height and the number of stories, the coverage of land by buildings, the size of yards and open spaces, the location of buildings and the density of population in accordance with the City of Ocoee's Comprehensive Plan.
Land Development Code
The Land Development Code is designed to:
- Lessen congestion in the streets
- Secure safety from fire, panic and other dangers
- Provide adequate light and air
- Prevent the overcrowding of land
- Avoid undue concentration of population
- Facilitate the adequate provision of transportation, water, wastewater, schools, parks and other public requirements
They have been made with reasonable consideration, among other things, as to the character of the district and its peculiar suitability for particular uses, and with a view to conserving the value of building and encouraging the most appropriate use of land throughout the community.
Article V of the Land Development Code provides zoning regulations for the city.