The board consists of no more than 9 members. They will serve 3-year terms. Membership is open to Ocoee residents, owners of real property, or owners of businesses located in Ocoee.
The objectives of the CACOPD are to:
- to improve communication between the citizens of the City of Ocoee and the Ocoee Police Department by the use of various media outlets;
- to advise the City Commission on issues relating to the Ocoee Police Department and law enforcement;
- to increase involvement by the citizens and the police in community programs;
- to assist with the interaction between law enforcement and community youth programs;
- to foster understanding and cooperation between the citizens and the police;
- to acquaint citizens with the operation of the Ocoee Police Department and its varied activities;
- to promote increased cooperation between the police and various organizations in the community; and
- to generate community interest and involvement in crime prevention, citizen disputes and other areas of community relations; and
- to strengthen and ensure, throughout the community, the application of equal protection under law.